Based on what has been mentioned in the official letter of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research/Department of Scholarships and Cultural Relations (n. p.o 26121) on 7/8/ 2023.
University of Ninevah president Prof. Dr. Osama Almashhadani participated as a representative of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the 8th Philippines -Iraqi Joint -Commission Meeting in Manila, Philippines on Wednesday 30/8/2023 concerning the cooperation between the two countries in the educational sector.
- Both sides discussed cooperation in many fields as summarized in the following :
- Exchanging the scholarships to get the initial certifications and high degrees in the different specializations.
- Making and preparing bilateral workshops and training courses.
- Supporting the program of scientific research for the lecturers of both sides by presenting the research grants.
- The joint scientific supervision of the higher studies students.
- The exchange of publications concerning international research and the standard curriculum of both universities.
- Both sides have discussed the ability to prepare a mutual memorandum of understanding that contains the targets and cooperation between both universities.
- Training the professors and several students of the Iraqi College of Nursing (2nd and 3rd stages) in the Philippines Colleges of Nursing.
- Presenting scholarships for Filipino University students in the project of the Iraqi Ministry of Higher Education ( Study in Iraq) for the initial and higher studies in the different specializations.